"When I shop, the world gets better, and the world is better, but then it's not, and I need to do it again".
- Rebecca Bloomwood (Confessions of a Shopaholic, 2009)

October 25, 2010

oh where, oh where are my winter boots?

Do you ever have that ONE thing that you are looking for? One thing on your list and nothing else..Well, right now, there can only be one thing on MY list of things to buy. ..WINTER BOOTS (my one exception!!) I have been searching since last year for a good pair of winter boots. I started looking last year, and I never found the perfect pair. So, I toughed it out for the winter with my cheap old pair (which started to get a hole in the heel, and my feet got soaked a lot of the time, sadly). I thought, "I will find the perfect pair....eventually!" In the end, I never found my new pair of winter boots. Luckily last year's winter didn't seem to last too long!

And so this year, the hunt begins (again)!! I am looking for a simple, leather boots, very low heel, warm, and good quality (heel/sole & material).

I found a pair while I was in Toronto this past week at 'Winners'. They are Ralph Lauren $129.99 leather (brown) boots, size 7.5. I bought them (as a back up) while still searching for the same style in black. I found out the return policy was after 10 days, I would get a full refund. And so in those 10 days, I was hoping to find the same pair but in black to replace the brown ones.  I brought the boots back home with me to Ottawa. Here, i continued my search for the boots at almost every single 'Winners' in Ottawa. I found a size 8 (too BIG) and a 6.5 (too tight!), and more brown pairs! Not what I was looking for. I finally decided to just return the ones that I had already purchased. Although I really like the brown ones, I felt like a black pair would be more practical and easier to match with my winter wardrobe (clothes and coats). And as my sister puts it, "You don't want BUYERS REMORSE"; where I would regret buying these without being completely satisfied and always wanting more. Since I am only allowed to buy one pair, I felt like waiting to find a pair to my standards was worth it! What do you think..good decision??

boots I originally purchased.
boots I was searching for but couldn't find!

I just want the search to be done! The thing I dislike most (possibly even more than not shopping at all) is looking for that ONE item and not being able to find it. I am the kind of person to just leisurely shop, and will buy whatever I like when I see it. I eventually bought so much of everything, that I never actually had a list of necessities (aside from these winter boots). Shopping was like therapy for me...super calming and worry-free! It's my 'sanctuary', and now it is ruined by this annoyingly ridiculous chase.

If you are looking for winter boots too, I hope you are having better luck than I am!
Love,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment