"When I shop, the world gets better, and the world is better, but then it's not, and I need to do it again".
- Rebecca Bloomwood (Confessions of a Shopaholic, 2009)

September 1, 2010

And the challenge begins...

The week before we took on this challenge has been a shopping frenzy for me.  I think I literally went to all my favorite stores  to make sure I had everything I need before we started.  And I think.... I'm ready.  I know this journey will be painful at times...I think it'll hit me the most at Christmas!  But it will definitely be worth it in the end.

The following is a little bit more about me and my thoughts on the challenge itself...

SHOPAHOLIC.  Yup that's me.  I love to shop for everything and anything, that even includes groceries...just ask my housemates lol.  I love the thrill of a wearing something new,  the hunt for a bargain, and the excitement of seeing what's new in stores.  Shopping just makes me happy.  Although I'm usually a window shopper, I still have quite a bit of stuff in my closet.  And I have realized over the past few months that I really should not be so materialistic.

I would have to say that out of the two of us, most people believe that I won't have a problem completing this challenge. But in T's defense I have an unfair advantage: I'm still in university and the city I'm in has only ONE mall. That's right ONE.  This definitely helps curb the temptation to shop but I am definitely an online shopper.  I have been blessed that most stores don't actually ship to Canada for free but some have started! That means I have to say bye bye to Forever 21, Threadless and what not.  But what hurts even more is the fact that Gap and Banana Republic have just launched their online Canadian store.  Alas I know that once this is over my need or compulsion to shop will have decreased.  Anyways  I hope you all enjoy reading about our journey.

Love, A

No comments:

Post a Comment