"When I shop, the world gets better, and the world is better, but then it's not, and I need to do it again".
- Rebecca Bloomwood (Confessions of a Shopaholic, 2009)

September 30, 2010

Why does my life feel more exhausting without school?!

So, since 'A' has been bugging me to write more..here it is! 

SO, everyone STILL doesn't believe that I can do it! Although 'A' and I shop frequently together (whenever we're in the same city), talk about shopping whenever we can (sharing our thoughts about fashion), updating each other on the latest trends, fads & styles...for some reason, most people think it COULD be possible for 'A' to complete our no shopping challenge, but for me...it's another story. I wonder why that is? Yes, I do shop a lot and I admit my wardrobe does not technically NEED more. But, I could have will power too!

When telling friends and family about the challenge, some of the responses are:
"Are you crazy?"
"That is so unreasonable! You can't do that"
"You will not last! I guarantee it"
"You can't do it...I will give you a million dollars if you do" [hope this one actually comes true!]
"I will buy you something big at the end of it"
"That sounds interesting, but are you sure you can do that??" 

When telling others about the "gift rule" (allowed to receive gifts, but will not be able to use until the 365 days are up) I've been told "Why would you do that? That is disrespectful to the gift giver. They want you to enjoy the gift! If you just let it sit there for a year, that is just rude!" 

I love the encouragement!
I am determined to prove everyone wrong..I WILL COMPLETE THE 365 DAYS! 

It's actually strange, lately I haven't really thought much about shopping. I will admit, there are a few times that I am just "in-the-mood" to shop (just one of those days). But for the most part, I have definitely kept myself busy doing other things. 
I am currently trying to set up a portfolio and website that will include all my previous work I have done during my university years. It feels like it is a never-ending process; almost as if I was back in school. 
I have also been volunteering with Habitat for Humanity, they are currently doing a build in Stittsville (woot!) It is super tiring but I love it. I have always wanted to work with Habitat, and I finally got the chance this summer/fall! The people there are great, and I love hearing stories about their experiences with Habitat (and just life in general, since they are all most likely at least double my age:) It is also an awesome new experience for me.
And then last, I am still working as a server at Wasabi Sushi Restaurant in the market downtown Ottawa as a part-time job while I continue looking for another job. Although I only get 2-3 shifts a week, I am surprisingly super tired from work. It is almost always the night shift, and just being out and getting home around 11:30pm each time, makes me exhausted (especially when the bus ride is about an hour...one way!)  
Also, whenever I am at home, my parents always have a never-ending chore list to do! So that's an added BONUS!! *cough cough*

Anyways, that is what I have been up to these days.
I will try to write more..
Talk soon! 
T.

p.s. sorry if this all sounded super random...definitely not as structured as 'A', but that's me!

No comments:

Post a Comment