"When I shop, the world gets better, and the world is better, but then it's not, and I need to do it again".
- Rebecca Bloomwood (Confessions of a Shopaholic, 2009)

September 1, 2010

the day has finally come!

"When I shop, the world gets better, and the world is better, but then it's not, and I need to do it again".  - Rebecca Bloomwood Confessions of a Shopaholic (2009)

I am not sure how many people have this feeling, but the first time I saw this movie, I could just relate! I know that I feel this way almost everyday! I love shopping! I love finding that perfect purse, sweater, coat , shoes...just that perfect everything! When I'm bored, I'll shop! When I'm sad, I'll shop! When I'm frustrated or upset, I'll shop! When I'm happy, I'll shop! Whenever 'A' and I have nothing to do, but we want to get together, WE shop! When all else fails, I will shop! It is just something that is always there, all those items in the store, tempting me to purchase and give them a home. 

"A man will never love you or treat you as well as a store. If a man doesn't fit, you can't exchange him seven days later for a gorgeous cashmere sweater. And a store always smells good. A store can awaken a lust for things you never even knew you needed. And when your fingers first grasp those shiny, new bags... oh yes... oh yes". - Rebecca Bloomwood Confessions of a Shopaholic (2009)

Before starting this crazy challenge, I have been trying to think of everything I would possibly need before I won't be able to shop anymore! I want to have everything I need for the upcoming year. The thought of not being able to buy anything scares me. It has been so difficult already. I realized how many things I buy that I convince myself I "need", when really it's just a want. I keep thinking, what if I find a perfect item and bargain? I won't be able to buy it! What will I do?? I will be so sad.

As I take a look at all the items I have, I finally realize that I  DO have more than enough! To me, it doesn't seem like too much, but when I compare to others, I can see why THEY think it's too much. Right now, all my clothes, shoes, purses, etc. take up three closets and it's still not enough space! I will never stop wanting more, but I know I should stop because I don't need everything I want. Hopefully, by the end of this journey, I will be able to resist the temptation to buy all my wants and only look for what I need.

Most people (meaning everyone I know) don't believe that I can do it, and I am determined to prove them all WRONG! Here we go...the time has come. No more shopping!

Love,
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment