"When I shop, the world gets better, and the world is better, but then it's not, and I need to do it again".
- Rebecca Bloomwood (Confessions of a Shopaholic, 2009)

September 26, 2010

NY Fashion week review

I know it's been over a week since NY Fashion week ended but here's my brief review.  Better late than never!
This was the season for shiny, colour, print and the unstructured.  Designers were certainly taking risks for RTW spring 2011,  and even the normally reserved ones stretched themselves.  I was surprised to see Herve Leger's bandage dress actually take on a very different form for once, with added ruffles, lace and grommets.  Victoria Beckham certainly pushed herself and her collection contained more unstructured dresses for once.  Vera Wang went more edgy this time with lots of loose pants.  One of my favorites, Monique L'huillier played with print this season and the results were amazing, see below.  




Another collection that is always on my radar is Marchesa, they always have dramatic dresses but this year they also added harlem pants.  There were still plenty of dresses though, here's my favorite. 


The laser cutouts are insane!  Rebecca Minkoff makes great bags but this year she was able to style models from head to toe.




 I love her styling and this is one collection that I will try to replicate with my own wardrobe, so stay tuned for pics. One collection missing from fashion week was the Row, MK and Ashley's high end line.  Unfortunately their samples didn't arrive in time so they will be showing their collection in Paris.  It's too bad because I was looking forward to their collection, although I must admit I like their Elizabeth and James line better (which just added shoes btw!). Well that's all for now, there are just too many shows to write about, London (finished), Milan (ending), and Paris (starts this week...I'm so excited)!  I so much more to Blog about, but I just have too much work.  One week till I reunite with T =)


Love,
A




*No copyright infringement intended. I do not own these photos, they belong to style.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment