"When I shop, the world gets better, and the world is better, but then it's not, and I need to do it again".
- Rebecca Bloomwood (Confessions of a Shopaholic, 2009)

September 13, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

Wow, it's been two weeks since I last wrote.  I'm sorry for my delay but as you can tell I have been very busy.  Right now I'm in my second week of teachers college which takes up a lot of my time.  I've already had numerous assignments and readings to do but enough about school.  As much as it is a welcome distraction from shopping, I still need a break once  in a while.  


So far I haven't found myself changing my shopping routines.  As I was reminded by someone, it is better for us to just face our temptation.  So unlike T, I did go into my regular stores when school was just starting up.  It was slightly depressing to go into a store knowing that you can't buy anything.  However I found that as I was combing the racks of clothes I kept saying to myself "I don't need that, I already have something simiar etc".  I think it  also helps that I like to window shop at stores where I know I don't buy anything  anyways.  It's a pastime that one might think is pointless, looking at the unattainable but I enjoy just looking at things and getting ideas.  This is why I enjoy reading other fashion blogs, websites and magazines.  So right now I have been preoccupied with NY fashion week instead of my usual online stores.  I'm loving what I'm seeing so far =) 
I also encourage all of you to take a look at some of the photos of NY fashion week and see how you can put a similar look together with what you already have in your closet.  That's going to be my challenge for the next year.


When I have more time I will try to write a post about cleaning out my closet and one for my shopping tips.  If you guys have any questions or topics you want us to write about let us know! 


P.S. I will try to add photos to my blogs too 

1 comment: