"When I shop, the world gets better, and the world is better, but then it's not, and I need to do it again".
- Rebecca Bloomwood (Confessions of a Shopaholic, 2009)

January 23, 2011

Ah NO! (New Obsession): Food Frenzy

My desire to shop has now translated into an obsession with FOOD.  I guess when you can't shop you have to find another hobby as T says.  Unfortunately, my new hobby may result in a need for new clothes if I keep this up.


On the weekend I bought a bag of flour and have been baking goodies ever since. My housemate and I made Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies using this recipe.




These cookies were so simple to make and were done in less than 10 mins!!  I'm surprised we didn't demolished them all, but that's probably because we also made TWO batches of butter popovers yummy! The name doesn't do it justice.  These little golden puffs of goodness are soooo easy to make and are outstanding on their own or with jam and peanut butter.  We used the recipe found here with a few modifications.  We only had margarine and all purpose flour on hand so we just used that.  However if that's the case then you'll need to refrigerate the batter for at least 15 mins.  Also we found that take less time to cook, but that could be due to our crazy oven.  So just keep an eye on them, you don't want burnt popovers!




MMMMmmm just writing about food makes me hungry.  Good thing I still have some cookies and popovers left.  Bon Appetiit  =)


Love,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment