"When I shop, the world gets better, and the world is better, but then it's not, and I need to do it again".
- Rebecca Bloomwood (Confessions of a Shopaholic, 2009)

January 23, 2011

'Tis the Season!

I definitely should have written a long while ago.. But, after some things have settled, now here I go…We have survived the Christmas Season! I spent lots of quality time with family & friends throughout this holiday at home. And although the times spent with family & friends is great, the Christmas holidays can be pretty hectic & can feel like there’s so much to do in so little time!! Plan/Organize gatherings & hang outs (because with all of our busy lives, it’s hard to find time for that anymore), Christmas Dinner preparations, Christmas gift, meetings, other commitments or obligations (personal & business related), etc.This didn’t leave much time for just ME. I get so frazzled when things just keep piling up; there is much needed relaxation!
 

During the Christmas Season, whenever I leave the house I just feel so rushed & stressed. Everyone around is trying to find that perfect gift for someone, or even for themselves! ! All anyone wants to do is BUY, BUY, BUY! [It’s not even like the deals are as amazing as they used to be, they’re just meh] I love shopping, but I feel like shopping over the holidays almost isn’t worth the frustrations & craziness that comes with it. Crowds are my least favourite thing when shopping. I am the type to just enjoy the time; leisurely walking around, and at the same time casually looking for the things that I like. So, walking in constant herds of people is not an ideal situation for me. 

What was really cool this year is that I hardly had any desire to buy anything for myself. It was kind of nice to know that each time I went into a mall or a store, it would not be for myself, but I was searching for gifts for others. I feel like I was much more focused & put more thought into what the most suitable gifts would be for the people in my life; it put more meaning behind each gift. I think it was a great success!! Everyone was happy, and even though I didn’t buy anything for myself, I was happy that they were happy! (& also just the personal fulfillment of purchasing successful gifts). Starting to realize that buying for others can be just as satisfying. Just like in some of our previous posts, I really do love it when SOMEONE gets the “good stuff”; it feels wonderful.

Love,
T  

No comments:

Post a Comment