"When I shop, the world gets better, and the world is better, but then it's not, and I need to do it again".
- Rebecca Bloomwood (Confessions of a Shopaholic, 2009)

January 24, 2011

long over due..

As you know, I was searching for winter boots for a long while! WELL..I finally found them (sorry I didn't post about this earlier lol). I found them a little before Christmas; I desperately needed to find them asap due to the abnormal amount of snow we had this year in Toronto. Sadly to say, I kind of settled for this pair; it is not the "perfect" pair, but I still really like them (slightly less fashionable & practical!)

1. these are the boots I purchased! Hush Puppies

2. more fashionable, less practical!
Both can be found at Feet First. The first pair are 'Hush Puppies': 100% leather & thinsulate inside, rubber sole. The second pair: also leather, however, the quality was not as good as the Hush Puppies, but they LOOKED great! It was not well insulated and the grip on the sole would not cut it in Canada's winter. Both prices were comparable.
I semi-regret not buying the second pair. However, I chose practicality over fashion! Knowing that I could only buy ONE pair this winter forced me into a dilemma. I had such a hard time to decide which kind. I wanted both: one for days where it's absolutely unbearable cold weather & minus 40 degrees, and then days where I can get away with the less insulated, but stylish boot. Why can't they make beautiful, stylish AND practical boots?! 
Normally, I probably would have bought BOTH pairs...in the end; basically I would buy what I wanted (& needed), and justify buying MORE; there are always "reasons" to buy more! Hopefully, after this year is up, I will learn to not buy everything I merely WANT, but really decide on items that I really NEED!

That's it for now. 
Love, 
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment