"When I shop, the world gets better, and the world is better, but then it's not, and I need to do it again".
- Rebecca Bloomwood (Confessions of a Shopaholic, 2009)

January 14, 2011

We SURVIVED the Holidays...

It's 2011 and we're already more than 1/3 into the year of no shopping.  Can you believe it?!

Some of you may be wondering if we received any items on our no shopping list for Christmas.  And the answer is yes...
I got the the 1st item on my wishlist, the beautiful Talulah boyfriend blazer courtesy of V, an amazing scarf (similar to the one shown here), and small gold hoop earrings (thanks Mom!).  I can't wait to wear all of these items :) and none of them will ever go out of style!!

On another note the Holidays were a tough time to avoid shopping, especially when you constantly saw signs like this:



I could only take solace in the fact that others were able to take advantage of all the good bargains this year.  I admit it was hard, really hard...there were a few deals that I just couldn't stopping thinking about,

1)  Additional 50% off on Boxing day at Banana Republic - in past years I would have gone to the mall early and bought a bunch of sweaters that I didn't really need
2) All the good shoe deals....like the one shown above.  For some reason I have become obsessed with shoes, especially with suede platform pumps as shown in my wishlist.   This may be my first purchase once our year of no shopping is up!

Besides lusting over winter deals, I have become pre-occupied with fashion blogs.  I don't know what took me so long to discover some of these blogs, but have honestly been spending a little too much time browsing through these sites.

Here a few that you guys should check out if you have time:

Did you go a little overboard on your spending during the holidays?  what items are on your radar for the upcoming year?

Love,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment